About Pam Faro, Storyteller
Pam says: “Frederick Buechner describes a calling as “the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” Storytelling is my calling! The world hungers for the connection and community, the meaning-making and joy that are all part and parcel of the storytelling experience.” (Read more of Pam’s personal comments here.)
Since 1988, storyteller Pam Faro has earned her living by offering top-quality storytelling performances, workshops, keynotes and retreats…
- from the symphonic stage of the Colorado Music Festival, to city-wide literacy programs in Phoenix, to canoe trips down Western rivers;
- from district-wide teacher in-services, to professional-development conferences, to festivals with audiences numbering many hundreds, across the US and overseas;
- at schools, libraries, churches, theaters and festivals from Denver to Chicago, from New Orleans and Atlanta to St. Louis and San Francisco;
- from Sydney to Toronto, from Oxford to Wittenberg to Rome;
- she was selected to represent the seven-state Western Region at the 1992 National Storytelling Festival Exchange Place in Jonesborough, Tennessee.
She lives in Colorado, and will travel ‘most anywhere to bring you the joy and power of storytelling! More and more, she is teaching and performing internationally:
- She has keynoted conferences and given performances and workshops across eastern Australia.
- She has performed and taught in Canada, England, Wales, Italy and Germany.
- She has performed at the Beyond the Border Wales International Storytelling Festival, and has made repeat trips to Rome to perform in shows sponsored by Raccontamiunastoria including a unique opportunity to perform in the Santa Maria del Popolo basilica, and at the Rome International Storytelling Festival. [Just for fun…check out this video of a 1am motorcycle ride through Rome, ending up at St. Peter’s Basilica…then scroll down for more about Pam… ]
What does Pam do?…
- Performance – she tells stories with warmth, humor and power; she’s experienced and equally at ease performing in intimate house concerts or on large festival stages, with adults, children and/or inter-generational audiences.
- Education – she teaches storytelling: the many aspects of doing storytelling and using storytelling. Experienced at both leading small-group classes and offering large conference workshops, she draws upon her extensive performing and teaching experience as well as her teacher certification training.
- Consulting – Pam serves as a consultant in using storytelling in ministry and other settings in addition to her work as a popular performer/entertainer and an educator/workshop-leader.
- Keynoting – Pam creates impactful, interactive keynote presentations, tailoring them to your group and event.
- Retreat leading – she uses storytelling as a powerful vehicle for spiritual/faith-based retreats, drawing upon her long experience working in congregations as well as her MDiv training and education.
- Coaching – she works one-on-one with you to help you grow your storytelling skills and confidence.
Some positions Pam has held, achievements reached and degrees completed:
- Pam currently serves as Co-Chair of the board of Rocky Mountain Storytelling
- received NSN Regional Spotlight Grant for the Western Region event, The Telling Epics Experience.
- on the Think360 Arts roster, performing and educating throughout Colorado, for 20 years
- teaches with the Academy for Biblical Storytelling
- past board member of the Network of Biblical Storytellers, International (NBS)
- member of the NBS Scholars Seminar
- past editor of, and frequent contributor to, the Journal of Biblical Storytelling
- B.A. in music with teacher certification from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa
- Master of Divinity degree from Iliff School of Theology in Denver
Pam loves to travel near and far to bring the power, joy and nourishment of storytelling to people, to enable the reaching-across-boundaries that becomes possible when storytelling is shared.
And she always loves to return home to the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado!